Wednesday 23 November 2011

Personal response to "The riddle of experience vs. memory: Daniel Kahneman on TED.com"

I really enjoyed this clip called "The riddle of experience vs. memory: Daniel Kahneman on TED.com" as it made me think in a different way. I had never thought about the difference between experience and memory in this way. I also appreciates Kahneman's various and good examples on what he talked about. What I did not like so much was the pictures presented to me at Google images when I looked up the word "colonoscopy". I did not know what this word meant and I must say that the pictures showing on my laptop repulsed me. Thus, I lost my lunch appetite..

Nevertheless, the outcome for me watching this clip was positive as I learned that happiness may be analyzed and interpreted in at least two different ways. One based on the actual and concrete experiences and variables such as income etc. whereas the other is all about what a person perceives or memorizes.

Here is the link to the clip: http://blog.ted.com/2010/03/01/the_riddle_of_e/

No comments:

Post a Comment